Propaganda Poster









Original Portrait:





Artist Statement:

The purpose of my propaganda poster is to support the movement toward world peace. World peace can seem like a very lofty and maybe even unrealistic goal. However, I think it is one worth collectively doing our best to work toward. The specific message of my poster is best said with the included Dalai Lama quote that, "World peace begins with inner peace.". It is promoting the idea that we must better ourselves individually and find a sense of inner peace in order to bring more good into the world and break cycles of hate and destructiveness. I used a picture of myself that stood out as looking like I was in a calm, peaceful state and then traced it on Illustrator. I went for a more realistic look so I spent a while on the drawing and coloring in of myself. The main color scheme consists of blue, white, and yellow. Blue was chosen because it is a color representative of peace and the yellow is it's complimentary color. I incorporated white because it complimented the other colors nicely and for me, it also is associated with peace such as with the dove and the white flag of surrender. The wave-like background demonstrates a "go with the flow" tone of the piece. The white dove and the peace sign earring were included to further push the overall message of peace.

Comments

Popular Posts