B&W to Color











Artist Statement:
This is the first solo assignment I have done using photoshop. I was definitely very confused at first and really relied on the tutorial videos given in order to achieve the goals of this assignment. Figuring out how to best select certain pieces of my portrait in a precise manner was the hardest part for me to figure out. Once I watched some tutorials and messed around with it, I found that using the lasso tool was the easiest way for me to do so. The first color scheme I chose was the analogous one. After I completed that piece,  the next two were pretty smooth sailing. Of course, they are far from perfect, but I think with the resources and experience at the time that they are sufficient. 


Comments

  1. Mia, I also thought that making the first piece was challenging and had to watch many tutorials as well to get the hang of what we were doing. However, I think all three of your pieces came out well. My favorite is the split complementary. I love the colors and think they look really pretty together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts