SOMEWHERE


Final Image: 






Original Image: 


Inspirational Image: 








Artist Statement:

My inspiration for this project was a pink plaid skirt that I had gotten for Halloween. The skirt automatically made me think of the movie Mean Girls and inspired me to use a Mean Girls scene for this assignment. When I saw this image and how it had the perfect amount of space left to fit me in, I knew I had to do it. I used a ring light to get the best quality photo I could using timer camera and then used different photoshop tools, such as refine edge, clone stamp, and others. I also used adjustments, such as hue/saturation and brightness/contrast. I think that this was one of my favorite assignments so far.



Comments

  1. Mia, this is amazzing. Mean Girls is an all time favorite. I think your skirt is super cute (and I actually mean it lol) I think you did a really good job matching yourself to the "plastics." Your facial expression is also super similar to theirs and I overall enjoyed this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your final project so much, it is so fun and adorable! They way you dressed goes perfectly with the theme of the image and the other girls outfits. It is great that the image you chose had the perfect amount of space, the same thing happened to me and it was just so much easier to work with. This was also my favorite assignment, very good job Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mia! I think this is so cute. I have a skirt just like yours and I was going to do mean girls myself but I didn't want to dress up haha. But yours looks really good, and the skin tones match really well with everyone else, along with the proportions. The logo choice on the trashcan is such a cute little detail. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mia, I like the project and how your outfit matches perfectly to the vibe and aesthetic in Mean Girls. The placement of you in the picture is perfecttttt and you really had just the right amount of space for this to turn out well. Love the project, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mia, I really enjoyed your work on this piece. You did such a good job that I was unable to find you for a moment. I thought these characters complimented you really well and that the coloring as well matched perfectly. Really awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts