Extra Credit


{Combine 2 or more objects or images into a new object or image}





Images used:
 



Artist Statement:

    I chose to merge two images together for my extra credit assignment. For some reason, right away I decided I wanted to do something with a snail. I considered merging it with another animal, but then I decided to use the shell of it as a canvas to do something with. I thought merging a mini forest onto the shell of the snail would create a cool concept. I had a bit of a hard time blending the forest in with the rest of the shell, but my experience with Photoshop helped greatly. It's not perfect, but I am happy with the final product I think it looks cute and creative.

Comments

  1. Mia, I really like what you did here. The forrest on the snails back is blended so flawlessly it looks real. I as well did this extra credit project, but yours is definitely better than mine. This artwork is very creative, and I am sure I will see many great pieces of art from you. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice of you to say James thank you!! It was definitely one of the more fun pieces i've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is actually really cool. It reminded me of old myths and fables like how the entire world exists on a turtle's back and stuff like that. It turned out incredibly well. the only minor critique I could think of giving is that the edges around the trees feel a little over-featherd, but its such a minor thing that you shouldn't worry about it or try to alter it any more. I could honestly see this like on folders or notebooks and stuff like that. It's very well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts